Selecting all primnum of a box with vex

813   2   0
1 posts
Hi I am a noob starting Houdini so forgive me if my questions don't make sense. I am trying to learn.

I have used copytopoints to place boxes then I have a attribute wrangler selecting some primitive on those boxes.
I would like to remove the boxes that I have a selected primitive for, but I don't know how to derive the other primnum form the primitive I have selected... Does that make sense ?
4528 posts
Hi,

You can use Group Expand SOP to flood fill the geometry using your prim group.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
1630 posts
If one wanted to not use groups for any reason, and modifying the copy template was allowed, one could do the following:

- Give the target points an attribute, for example derived from their point number or a random one
- Do the copy, all the points of the specific copy will inherit that attribute from the template point
- After the copy SOP, promote the attribute from point to primitive
- Now after selecting your primitives, delete all those others that have the same attribute values as the selected ones

More complicated, but valid for some scenarios. I guess there are now only 900 other ways left
Martin Winkler
money man at Alarmstart Germany
  • Quick Links