Why "show all objects" does not work when in DOPNET context?

1971   5   1
408 posts
Like the headlines says, when i'm in dopnet context every objects (geos) outside of that context disappears although "show all objects" is selected.

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - Aug. 7, 2022 20:34:55
408 posts
Nothing guys? I thought that'd be an easy one.

Cheers,

A
7810 posts
I guess because from the dopnet's perspective, it is the only object. It's akin to an objectnet that you might use to create another set of objects in a different context. It's the same reason you can't see objects in /obj when inside one of those.
408 posts
jsmack
I guess because from the dopnet's perspective, it is the only object. It's akin to an objectnet that you might use to create another set of objects in a different context. It's the same reason you can't see objects in /obj when inside one of those.

Well, i don't really understand what you mean. But it's a nightmare to match the limits / volumes of the simulation areas to anything that is outside of the dopnet, especially with the ocean tools when you have moving containers. Really something sidefx should address and off the user an easy choice i can think of work around by bringing in objects as colliders or something and have those displayed, but it's really not ideal.

Cheers,

A.
7810 posts
Adriano
Well, i don't really understand what you mean. But it's a nightmare to match the limits / volumes of the simulation areas to anything that is outside of the dopnet, especially with the ocean tools when you have moving containers. Really something sidefx should address and off the user an easy choice i can think of work around by bringing in objects as colliders or something and have those displayed, but it's really not ideal.

sidefx has been moving away from interacting directly with dopnets. most of the solvers now have sop based counterparts that should help with the visualization problems you have.
408 posts
jsmack
Adriano

sidefx has been moving away from interacting directly with dopnets. most of the solvers now have sop based counterparts that should help with the visualization problems you have.

In my case it was for a white water simulation, and the solver for that still is in a dopnet.

Cheers,

A.
  • Quick Links