Random Text on every frame

4351   7   4
7 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to generate a visual matrix of letters. Each letter should change on every frame. I've attached a file in which the system works partially. It either changes all letters to the same letter on every frame or changes all the letters on the matrix once but does not change in time. I'm using a stamp in the copy node to modify a substring. In other words, Is this possible?

Thanks

Attachments:
Letters.hipnc (163.5 KB)

M.J
2624 posts
Hi, you were close, to make a random letter appear at each frame on each point you needed to randomize the point and them simply multiply by $FF. I must admit I find it easier to build my random attributes in vops on the actual points, to visualize values in the details view.

Rob

Attachments:
letters_176_fixed_rse.hipnc (168.8 KB)

Gone fishing
7 posts
Thank you.
M.J
1391 posts
Also you can make another effect exactly like “Matrix” movie with some little changes on your project :idea:

In this case each new word falling down after generation , something like waterfall , Check attached file :

Attachments:
JKletters_Type2.hipnc (198.4 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
2 posts
Any solutions for Houdini 19.5? Because copy sop is not there anymore! Thank you
43 posts
zaahead
Any solutions for Houdini 19.5? Because copy sop is not there anymore! Thank you

I'll bet if you searched the 19.5 docs for copy sop you'd find the information you're looking for.
I could just tell you, but ya know....teach a man to fish...
Good luck!
Staff
357 posts
The Copy to Points SOP has a very handy "Piece Attribute" which allows you to specify which incoming piece of geometry to instance at the given point location (as long as both the points and the geo have the same attribute).
Here's a quick example.

Attachments:
CopyToPointsMatrix.hip (134.6 KB)

2 posts
npetit
The Copy to Points SOP has a very handy "Piece Attribute" which allows you to specify which incoming piece of geometry to instance at the given point location (as long as both the points and the geo have the same attribute).
Here's a quick example.
This is great, Nick. Thank you
  • Quick Links