Does anyone know how to use the reverse foot node?

919   3   0
4 posts
I managed to get a foot roll behaviour working using 'reverse foot' and 'stabilize joint', however there should be a way to do this without the need for the stabilize joint node...it seems once you add the IK chain, the toe joint ends up dipping into the ground, the behaviour without the IK is how it should work...any ideas?

I'm pretty sure a skeleton blend is needed somewhere, but I can't get it to work...

Attachments:
reverse_foot_1.png (492.4 KB)

313 posts
Please take a look a RMagee’s Furdude. It has a nice reverse foot setup. You will find it in the tutorials section. Just do not do the whole project because it is for an early version of kinefx.
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
4 posts
SWest
Please take a look a RMagee’s Furdude. It has a nice reverse foot setup. You will find it in the tutorials section. Just do not do the whole project because it is for an early version of kinefx.

Yes I actually did that tutorial and ended up with the same problem lol...everything works great except for the ball roll, which means it's a small parenting problem somewhere..The toe and heel roll work fine and push the IK leg as expected, so it has to be a small issue....

Basically once the IK chain is added, the ball joint no longer respects being the child of the toe joint....
313 posts
Hmm, did this with the reparenting node without the reversefoot node. The IK maybe should go only from hip to ankle, so it probably would not change any reversed parenting chain of the foot.
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
  • Quick Links