List of media/external files used in a Hip scene?

975   3   2
15 posts
Is there way to see a list of all the referenced external media used in a scene so the scene can be migrated to another project with all the relevant files it needs?

i.e. Where the hip expects to find
- Images
- Audio
- external cached files etc.

We all sometimes want to repurpose an old scene, but not have to duplicate the entire project contents that the scene was in.

At the moment you have to go into each node (e.g. texture nodes) to check which textures are needed before copying them into the new project.

It would be great if there's a single list to show all files that are needed in a scene.

Even better to have a Migrate Hip with content script of course, if one's been created.

Many thanks,

Adam
(Softimage refugee who's missing the External Files page)
8587 posts
there is Render/Pre-Flight Scene which may be helpful to get overview of external files

or for archiving you may want to have a look at Labs Archive Project TOP

potentially also https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/hom/hou/fileReferences.html [www.sidefx.com] if you want to get them through python, however I dont know how complete those lists are
Edited by tamte - Jan. 28, 2023 13:29:20
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
15 posts
Hi Tomas,

Thanks for that.
I did find a thread that highlighted the Pre-Flight Scene run a little earlier on as well.

Will definitely check out the Labs option as well though.

I'll stick a "Migrate HIP to New Project (with assets)" onto the request pile.

Cheers,

Adam.
311 posts
If this is not solved, could you please provide a "dummy" file containing all the node types you would like to pick file references from? Please try to mimic the typical network you would use. The actual files are not needed.
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
  • Quick Links