Why doesn't ChopNet work after more than 10 seconds?

1374   10   0
60 posts
I am doing a camera animation, transitioning to different cameras through ChopNet control, but the last camera cannot always transition to the specified position. Finally, I found that ChopNet has a 10-second limit. When the frame rate is 24, it will It will fail after 240 frames, and when the frame rate is 30, it will fail after 300 frames.

How can I extend the duration of ChopNet?

Thanks for your help!
Edited by HenDaSheng - Aug. 25, 2023 07:47:37

Attachments:
ChopNet_Range_Test.hiplc (594.2 KB)

164 posts
if you look under the channel tabs, set the sample rate to your fps and set the channel length as long as you need it... it should fix it. look in your motion channels viewer to see what you're doing
http://simonfarussell.com [simonfarussell.com]
60 posts
Simon Russell
if you look under the channel tabs, set the sample rate to your fps and set the channel length as long as you need it... it should fix it. look in your motion channels viewer to see what you're doing

Thanks, is this what you mean? After the modification, chopNet still fails after 300 frames. Is there something wrong with my operation?
2040 posts
If you're going to be going back and forth between changing frame rates you have to decide whether or not you want to keep the keyframes at the same frames with the 'Keep Keys on Current Frames' option.
But you also have to go back to your chops objects and adjust the start/end range too.
Edited by BabaJ - Aug. 25, 2023 08:52:53
60 posts
巴巴杰
If you're going to be going back and forth between changing frame rates you have to decide whether or not you want to keep the keyframes at the same frames with the 'Keep Keys on Current Frames' option.
But you also have to go back to your chops objects and adjust the start/end range too.

Thanks, I tried modifying the options here, but it still doesn't work.
2040 posts
HenDaSheng

You didn't change the start/end range of your objects.

Bring up your motionfx window and enable the objects view to see where they are established; From which ever way you decided to have them set up by.(works for me if I manually adjust the range).
Edited by BabaJ - Aug. 25, 2023 09:19:20
60 posts
BabaJ
HenDaSheng

You didn't change the start/end range of your objects.

Bring up your motionfx window and enable the objects view to see where they are established; From which ever way you decided to have them set up by.(works for me if I manually adjust the range).

That's it, great!I found the problem, the last keyframe in the graph is at 330, and the Motion FX ends at 300.

Can you explain in detail how to manually modify it(I found that clicking on the curve in the Motion FX view does nothing)?
2040 posts
HenDaSheng
Can you explain in detail how to manually modify it(I found that clicking on the curve in the Motion FX view does nothing)?
Manually in graph or directly with parameter.

Attachments:
Start_End_Chops.jpg (441.7 KB)

60 posts
巴巴杰
HenDaSheng
Manually in graph or directly with parameter.

Thanks a lot for your help, can I have a look at your modified houdini file, I'm very new to Motion Fx.
2040 posts
HenDaSheng
Thanks a lot for your help, can I have a look at your modified houdini file, I'm very new to Motion Fx.
I'm using your file, there is no modification other than what is in the sreen shot.

Just bring up your motionfx window and make sure the object2/3 nodes have their flags set(blue)- so it shows up in your graph.
Edited by BabaJ - Aug. 25, 2023 10:28:20
60 posts
巴巴杰
HenDaSheng
I'm using your file, there is no modification other than what is in the sreen shot.

Just bring up your motionfx window and make sure the object2/3 nodes have there flags set(blue)- so it shows up in your graph.

I did it! Thanks for your patience, and your help is greatly appreciated!
  • Quick Links