[CROWD] - Look at jittering issue

883   4   1
7 posts
Hi friends,

I'm trying to make people looking at each others while talking inside a crowd. Everything works fine except for look at which is jittering to much. My points targets are freeze by the way. Do you have an idea on how to solve this ?

Thank's a lot,
Antini

Attachments:
jittering_look_at_problems (2).mp4 (824.3 KB)

313 posts
Hi,

I don’t know much about agents, but in general I’d say if the algorithm is good it is the inputs.

Maybe try setting the horizontal FOV to 170 and also increase the vertical FOV. Then I would limit the range to about 1-2 meter.

There is some movements in your scene and my guess is that to FOV is maybe not attenuating. If so, if characters move in and out close to the FOV edges you could get jerky motion.

I’m just speculating as mentioned.

Edit: there is a periphery weight. Try setting this one I think it is for attenuation. (hover it for help). The distance value you would also want attenuation for if possible.
Edited by SWest - Sept. 29, 2023 05:59:13
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
7 posts
Hi SWest,

thank's for your quick answer. I have tried your advices. It getting better but It still jittering a lot unfortunatly.

Without the look at, the head isn't moving a lot, so I have to think that the lookat create this motion.
313 posts
Target type you have points which is not default.

Target attribute is groupid. When I model I usually set prims as groups, because this is what ZBrush does.

Probably you need to systematically analyzr each setting for your look at.

Maybe you can simplify your scene while doing so to make it easier to understand what variable does what. I’m thinking a blast node if it works.

Cheers!
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
Staff
733 posts
The settings on the crowd solver's Look At tab might be more important to examine - those parameters control how the skeleton is adjusted to follow the target
  • Quick Links