Copy / Paste "overwrite" nodes?

637   2   2
408 posts
Is there a way to Paste "overwrite" nodes instead of Houdini renaming new nodes with incremental numbering?

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - Oct. 7, 2023 00:40:25
253 posts
not directly but if you first delete them and then paste the new collection it should rewire them automatically to whatever the original collection was linked to. (if all the names are identical)
More code, less clicks.
408 posts
Jonathan de Blok
not directly but if you first delete them and then paste the new collection it should rewire them automatically to whatever the original collection was linked to. (if all the names are identical)

Hey Johnathan, thanks for jumping in. But the idea is to not have to deal with nodes individually. I'm dealing with converted materials (using the Material extractor hda), a whole lot of them, and the issue is that when extracting materials from similar assets (Kitbash stuff in my case) it overwrites the change i made to the existing duplicated materials. So i'd like to just save the ones i made change to and then just copy paste those over the newly extracted materials. It would take too long to just even copy paste and rename the dupes.

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - Oct. 7, 2023 13:56:02
  • Quick Links