configure joints for ik chain or ik vop

957   4   3
225 posts
Hello,

Is it possible to use the configure joints sop to affect the solve from ik chains or ik solver vop? trying to limit rotation on certain axes while using the ik chains or ik solver vop. Trying to do what is seen here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktXD_WRMY8E&t=1638s [www.youtube.com]
Thanks
Edited by evanrudefx - Aug. 19, 2023 22:04:40
Thanks,

Evan
225 posts
Just bumping this up. Does no one know this? Seems like the configure joints only works on ragdoll or fbik. The regular ik chains or ik solver vop doesn't seem to work with this.
Thanks,

Evan
11 posts
Any reasons on why not to use the FullBodyIK? It worked here on a test similar to this reference video.
225 posts
edschiffer
Any reasons on why not to use the FullBodyIK? It worked here on a test similar to this reference video.

that video I originally posted was months ago. I am on another project now. I am just doing a regular 3 joint leg. In this case it is a "robotic" joint, so I need to limit rotation on some axes. It seems much harder and unnecessary to use FBIK for just a regular leg/arm. It didn't seem as stable and I had a hard time setting up a "pole vector" or "twist joint". Is there a way to setup a twist joint on the fbik like on normal ikchains/iksolver vop?
Thanks,

Evan
11 posts
I get your point, yeah it's not so straightforward.

One way I managed to get it working here is to delete the root and the mid joints before the rig pose, so only use the tip for the FullBodyIK. If you rotate the joint you get your twist effect. It's not as predictable but maybe it works for you.

Cheers
  • Quick Links