Thickness and brightness of the handle.

918   4   0
102 posts
Thickness and brightness of the handle.
Am I the only one who barely recognizes this handle? They probably wanted to make it even thinner, but the next step was 0 pixels.
Any ideas why developers torture users' eyes?

Attachments:
handle.png (1.2 MB)

55 posts
btw what are shortcuts to make gizmo bigger? and lines thicker? als shortut to relocate gizmo without movig object?
102 posts
oldteapot7
btw what are shortcuts to make gizmo bigger? and lines thicker? als shortut to relocate gizmo without movig object?
to do thicker - no, that’s the problem. And you switch the mode of moving the gizmo/object using the ' key (single quote). Targeting axes or moving to a selected point - key ";". The object or gizmo will move accordingly depending on the selection of the single quote mode. These two keys are used together. In aiming mode, Shift-click will rotate the object or gizmo without dragging. Control-click - will move the object or gizmo without rotating. Just click - it will move and rotate along the axes of the target point/edge/polygon. If you click on the axis cube in aiming mode (for the object it is bold, and for the gizmo it is in the form of lines), the cube will turn yellow and it is this axis that will be aimed. If control+click on the cube, it will become an arrow, this axis is fixed and the gizmo will rotate around it when aiming. That is, we fix one axis if necessary, assign the other as active (yellow) and align it along any edge or direct it to any point. These methods cover almost all the necessary options for targeting and docking objects. But the main problem is that the gizmo itself and its mode are very poorly visible. Newbies go crazy about this, getting confused about what is happening.
181 posts
I agree - XYZ handles should be thicker IMO.
76 posts
Mike_A
I agree - XYZ handles should be thicker IMO.
and change color to white/yellow under mouse-over, not the murky glow that is barely visible
  • Quick Links