Houdini is crashing permanently

3630   4   2
3 posts
Hello to everyone,

i'm using Houdini Apprentice 8.2.13 on a Windows 2000 system (SP4) with a GeForce 4 graphic card (latest driver). I' ve some problems with Houdini because it is crashing (hmaster.exe) for example while opening a file, pressing a button or doing something with a node. This doesn't happen everytime. But working with it for 15 minutes is impossible and after crashing, houdini wont start and i have to restart my system completly! I' ve tried to disable OpenGL with HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE, but it dont fix. What can I do?

Thanks for every help,
olpanse
47 posts
probably the best thing is to do is rollback a couple of versions on you graphics drivers. I have solved this issues with a couple of different packages by doing this.
HTH
3 posts
Hi,

okay, thank you! I will try some older versions of the nvidia drivers.

olpanse
1390 posts
Maybe before you do this try to delete all Houdini's related temp files in temp directory + your profile/Houdini 8.x directory. Sometimes that helps also.

cheers,
sy.
3 posts
Thanks!

I tried to delete all Houdini related files, but Houdini is still very unstable. Then I tried to install a nvidia driver version from 2003, the same result. I gave a driver from 2005 an additional chance, but still the same.

I think it is something with Windows 2000 or so.

Bye Bye,
olpanse
  • Quick Links