setting up constraints for ragdoll solver with kinefx

851   2   0
2 posts
Trying to get ragdoll constraints working on a custom skeleton drawn in kinefx. I have it working fine in another stream with an imported fbx skeleton. You can see in cone showing in the constraints and the bone respects the constraints.

However, when I draw a skeleton and then and set up constraints, I cannot get it to work properly. The sim runs fine but isn't respecting the constraint at all.

I have provided a file with two set ups, the one with fbx where it works labeled "working", and the other with procedural skeleton "not working" And simplified to try and get it working on just bone "point_5".

Link to project here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A1hDxoIfnjC2TZyjFKnScehpLQZnGqGq/view?usp=sharing [drive.google.com]
134 posts
I have done a basic setup for you. I used a motion clip to to set the constraints, I find this a lot easier to read then setting arbitrary values in a list. The basic idea is that you give it a animation, and the configure constraints will figure out the limits based on the animation. I tweaked a couple of other settings and created collision shapes, you have to enter the viewport stare on the ragdollcollisionshapes node and then click on the joints to add the collision shapes.

hope this helps

Attachments:
ragdol.hiplc (3.2 MB)

14 posts
Thanks willh! Your scene file is amazing, this is exactly what I was looking for
  • Quick Links