Issues with multiple UV maps

408   2   1
411 posts
I've been trying to bake some texture maps from one UVset to the other today, and I don't know if its me or if I keep running from one bug into the other.

But whenever I try to merge several imported objects with the merge SOP I lose UV sets.

And when I use the UV_Layout SOP with an imported FBX that has 2UVsets and several parts ( like body and clothing ) I lose the UV's of the clothing after using UV_Layout.

I've been banging my head for a few hours at this, and it starts to drive me nuts to be honest.

Is this a known issue, or does anyone know a solution ?

So far Houdini is the most buggy and crashy app I've ever used. I run into stuff like this every day, and most of the time it's just too much of a hassle to report a bug and I can work around it.

Thanks.
7771 posts
toonafish
And when I use the UV_Layout SOP with an imported FBX that has 2UVsets and several parts ( like body and clothing ) I lose the UV's of the clothing after using UV_Layout.

I can confirm that this does not happen for me
411 posts
Hey, thanks for checking.

This doesn't happen all the time, but different issues on different imported files.

When I use some simple geo in an FBX or separate OBJ's, it works fine. But unfortunately I can't share the files and I don't have the time to figure out how and what currently.

That's the thing with Houdini, little bugs and quirks all over the place.

Like just now where I try to edit some UV's in the UVView : I select some polys, hit "t" to move them....nothing happens when I try to move the selection. I try hitting enter, and some other stuff, nothing, nada.
Then I check the Perspective View, and find out that when I move the mouse in the UVView, I'm actually moving geo in the Perspective View, like magic.

An "Edit" SOP was added instead of an "UVEdit"...

As if Houdini doesn't realize I'm working in the UVView.

But thanks again.
  • Quick Links