KineFX Ragdoll - Capybara Setup

814   3   3
14 posts
Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a scene using the amazing Capybara character and, since I just started styding KineFX' and Ragdolls, this is the setup I manage to create. It's super simple and procedural, I didn't change any of the collision shapes or joints' limits by hand.

It kinda works but the upper body part is completely disconnected. Does anyone knows how I can fix this?

Scene file is attached

Thanks!

Attachments:
Ragdoll_0101.hip (424.7 KB)

14 posts
So it's fixed!

The issue was quite simple. There was no collision shape for this specific bone. I just had to click on it to create a coll shape, I didnt even resized or moved it. All those shapes doesnt look very optimized though, but it works well for what I need.

Best,

Attachments:
Ragdoll_0102.hip (454.5 KB)

280 posts
on this scene is it possible to add animation to the hand and foot while its falling? kinda weird to see the body doesnt move while in rag doll state
Staff
50 posts
Greetings,

you can add a new entry under the "Configurations" parm on the ragdoll solver, populate the "Group" with the joints that you want and enable "Match Local Transforms". Tweak the "Bend Stiffness" and "Bend Damping" to get closer to the result that you are after. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks!

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (18.9 KB)

• Quick Links