FBIK restrictions?

522   5   2
264 posts
Hi,

Since we just have FBIK for solving for more than 2 bones, I was setting several FBIK on the rig, but when I add a second one, both stop to work. If I delete any of them, the other start to work again. So, are there any kind of restriction for having more than one FBIK on the same rig?
264 posts
I found the problem. I believe it's due to this change: "An output port cannot be connected to more than one in-place input port.".
I was using the input skel geo connected to a delete joints node on both of the FBIK solvers. I'll add some pictures later, maybe It'll help if someone has a similar problem like this in the future.
Edited by guilhermecasagrandi - March 3, 2024 22:43:38
7721 posts
Just saw this now. Yeah, for these things if you're using APEX Edit Graph, I always turn on the option to report errors as warnings and check the MMB info on it.
264 posts
edward
Just saw this now. Yeah, for these things if you're using APEX Edit Graph, I always turn on the option to report errors as warnings and check the MMB info on it.

It didn't report as an error. All my invoke nodes have that option turned on.
7721 posts
Is it possible to get your scene file or perhaps you could log it as a bug? It should be reporting the error.
264 posts
edward
Is it possible to get your scene file or perhaps you could log it as a bug? It should be reporting the error.

I'll do that as soon as I can. We're already using apex in production, so there's still a lot to do on our end to make it work smoothly.
  • Quick Links