H9.0.677 keeps starting up license Admin on linux

3793   3   1
80 posts
Hi guys, linux newbie here, dont know if this problem has been addressed but I couldnt find much info on it. I am running Fedora 7 64bit on my mac pro. I installed H9.0.677 apprentice version. Startup houdini as per instructions. Asked the license admin to install apprentice key. hkey started up too, then it asks me run or view licenses when i ask it to run the window closes and nothing happens. When i go back to the csh and type in hescape or houdini each time it keeps bringing up the license administrator window the same kind that popped up the first time askin if i wanted to install and apprentice license or change the existing license or had my own license. I typed in hkey and it shows the apprentice licenses for rendering master and escape. Says the server is running and licenses are available. I cant figure out why houdini wont run then ? could someone please help me out.

thanks
4140 posts
You're installing this as root(the linux version of window's system administrator)? You'll need root permissions to install the server…

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
80 posts
yes JC,
I logged in as root and then installed houdini and the server and the licenses and tried running houdini both as root and a regular user and still had the same problem.

thanks
Staff
1450 posts
can you post the information from the View > Diagnostic Information when you run hkey?

Rafal
  • Quick Links