Wireframe Render on some objects... or the cat gets it.

17277   12   5
14 posts
The last time I was on Houdini, it was ver 1, I had be using Prisim, yes that was a long time ago… any whoooo.

I have a sphere that I want to be a wireframe when it renders out,, Im also ani. it with slice.

Other objects I want to render has normal solids, does this all make
sence?, Ive looked at the wireframe SOP, didn't seem to work, Iam using 3DsMax where I click a button. Can any one point me in the right direction?

TIA!

ollie
12461 posts
You can try follow the geometry with a Primitive SOP and in the Face/Hull tab, change the “Close U” to “Unroll”. You can also use a Carve SOP.

This will open all your polys.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
14 posts
jason_iversen
You can try follow the geometry with a Primitive SOP and in the Face/Hull tab, change the “Close U” to “Unroll”. You can also use a Carve SOP.

This will open all your polys.

It worked with the Primitive SOP, didn't try thre carve SOP, next question, how can I tweak the width of the wireframe out of the primitive SOP?

And remember, that cat is sitting right in front of me.
1529 posts
After your primitive sop, append an “Attribcreate” sop.

Name the attribute “width”, and assign a value 0.01 for example.

Best,

Gene
14 posts
keyframe
After your primitive sop, append an “Attribcreate” sop.

Name the attribute “width”, and assign a value 0.01 for example.

Best,

Gene

I seem to only have sizes of 1 2 3 or 4????
does the “class” or Type need to be set a certain way??
My tree is ; sphere/primitive/carve/attribcreate

does the sphere is to be a certain type, Im using Poly Mesh/rows and columns.

I really do thanks you guys!
1529 posts
I bet your are modifying the “size” field. you should leave that at the default (1).

Modify the first entry of the “value” field instead.

G
14 posts
attribcreate1
group BLANK
group type= guess from group
name= WIDTH
local var. BLANK
Class= Point
TYpe = Float
size=1
Default 0 0 0 0
value .02 0 0 0

the size of the wireframe never changes, with any value????

Im such a trouble maker
1529 posts
try lowercase “width”. not “WIDTH”.

Gene
14 posts
that did the trick, thanks soooo much. Now I've drawn a curve has a path, made a ball, picked the Place on Path… but I should moved it to the front of the path, but it doesn't…. the ball moves like its on the path, but it seem 2 be transformed off away from the path????

any help on this one?
13 posts
The idea is:

When you create attribute, you are using small letters
When you make a call for this created attribute in expression you are using Big letters
When you creating new shader or different operator you will again use small letters for calling
696 posts
As a side note: If you do a flipbook, in say, invisible wireframe mode, the resulting render will have an alpha channel arranged in such a way that you could easily take the images into the compositor and have your wireframes and even composite them onto your fully rendered objects.
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
1192 posts
ollieslats
that did the trick, thanks soooo much. Now I've drawn a curve has a path, made a ball, picked the Place on Path… but I should moved it to the front of the path, but it doesn't…. the ball moves like its on the path, but it seem 2 be transformed off away from the path????
any help on this one?
Reset the transforms on the object you put on the path (translates, rotates etc). Also middle click on the object node in the network editor and check for pre-transforms, and reset those from the pre-transforms menu in the parameter pane.

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
1390 posts
czesiek
The idea is:
When you create attribute, you are using small letters
When you make a call for this created attribute in expression you are using Big letters
When you creating new shader or different operator you will again use small letters for calling

This is not correct actually. There is slight but significant difference between attributes and variables. I tried to describe it best I could here:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=11090&highlight= [sidefx.com]

(although I feel it still needs some clarification).
  • Quick Links