Attribute list (fur procedural)

3710   3   2
72 posts
Hello,

Is there anywhere documented a list of attributes that are available for override from the fur procedural (or just for use by the fur sop)? All I can do is look in the furstyle cvex code and take the attributes from there but I don't know if that's a full list of attributes.

regards

John
john @ hydrastudios
Staff
2540 posts
Other than the attributes that mantra reads directly (float pscale, vector orient, all the instance attributes), yes that is it.

You can bind your own attributes (skin, guides) and access them in cvex as you would in any other vex context.
There's at least one school like the old school!
Staff
329 posts
protean
Is there anywhere documented a list of attributes that are available for override from the fur procedural (or just for use by the fur sop)? All I can do is look in the furstyle cvex code and take the attributes from there but I don't know if that's a full list of attributes.

The help cards for the Fur SOP and Mantra Fur Procedural list all of the attributes they use (they both use the same set of attributes). Anything else used by a CVEX shader is specific to that shader. For example, “frizz” has no meaning to the Fur SOP. But if you use a Fur Style SHOP, the SHOP will use the “frizz” attribute if it exists when modifying each hair's shape.
72 posts
thanks guys..

A lapse of concentration led me to believe there were others not listed somwhere.. DOH

Cheers

John
john @ hydrastudios
  • Quick Links