BUG?

4251   9   0
282 posts
No parameters at properties tab in renderman rop. Build 186, suse.
Is this a bug?
Houdini is great! O'right?
282 posts
188 the same! Where are all parameters in properties tab??? I must make them by adding at “edit rendering params” window?
Thats quite a bit uncomfortable!
282 posts
and there are errors at RIB.py and RIBapi.py.
Build 183, 186, 188

I have comment this:
Ri.Comment(“Script generation time %g seconds” % (time.clock()-clockstart))
at RIB.py and now it's better
282 posts
new error:
./proto_install-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libHoudiniUT.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
What is it?
282 posts
ok, copying of some libs from dsolib to bin helps me to start proto_install
Next troubles:
Would you like to test the driver now? y
The following render should appear in mplay.
/opt/hfs9.1.188/bin/imdisplay-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libHoudiniUT.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
R90007 {SEVERE} DisplayWindow failed to send display data (System Error: Broken pipe)
7722 posts
You shouldn't have to copy any libs to bin. It sounds like you haven't run source houdini_setup from /opt/hfs9.1.188.
282 posts
houdini_setup_bash is in env variables. It is starts during boot
7722 posts
Try it anyhow again right before starting proto_install on a fresh new install. Make sure you run houdini.install to install it.
282 posts
Hey Edward. I have solved the problem.
I install rmandisplay under the root and then move .so to home directory. Also I moved my user to linux wheel group.
Now everything is ok. But why I can't type to proto_install at which directory it will create new libraries?
4140 posts
You should not be running things this way, it sounds like you've been making some pretty big assumptions about shortcuts. Here's the way it should be done:

Install Houdini as root, accept default location.
Anytime you want to run houdini products, *go to the hfs install dir* and source the startup script. Do not do this as root.
Run houdini as your account(after renaming/deleting $HOME/houdini9.1 should it exist since it sounds like you've got a problematic one in there at the moment).
Run proto_install as your account, not root.

Now, that's not to say you couldn't copy and rewrite your own houdini startup script that mimics what the sesi one does and doesn't require you to go to a specific location to run it, but that's at least a mid if not advanced level admin task.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links