Morph: Highlighted Geometry Behavior...

9250   3   0
32 posts
Brief History: Looking at Houdini again seriously after my first dabbling back in version 5.0, I'm working through Mr. Cunningham's book in the first chapters. I'm not having any problem with the exercises, but I do have a question about something 'dini is doing with display of geometry in the viewport.

Description of the issue: After applying a Morph State in the main view and digging down into the SOPs, the geometry remains yellow highlighted even after deselection.

Steps to reproduce (9.1.124 - 179, Windows 32bit)

1. Obj Context, Tab>Sphere. Accept defaults. Down to Geo context, set to nurbs, 20x20.
2. Return to Obj Context, Tab>Morph. Select sphere and confirm.
3. Deselect Sphere, confirm wireface displays as black, unhighlighted.
4. Reselect Sphere, dig down to Geo context. Make no changes.
5. Return to Obj Context and again deselect the sphere, note that the wireframe remains highlighted.

Questions: Is this behavior by design? Does it have to do with the addition of the blendshapes or edit nodes? If by design, is there a way to change the highlight wireframe color, yellow being difficult to see for me?
-nimajneb
4140 posts
This is one of those things where it's sometimes tough to reproduce without you in the same room. Your last entry says you're going to obj context, yet your original concern was that the data was highlighted when digging down into SOPs, so I'm unsure exactly what's causing the confusion. Also, if I follow through your steps in 9.1.203, I don't have anything highlighted in step 5. Is it possible you're still in SOP context? Note that you must click on a node in /obj or SOPs to change context - simply clicking in the blank area leaves it alone.

Also, there's a number of prefs you can select which might change this behaviour, and I might well have one set.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
32 posts
Screen Shots in Sequence, this and the next reply. Note, first shot is unselected and shows black wireframe, last shot is unselected and shows yellow wireframe, this is the “problem” if it is a problem. Thanks for taking the time to reply previously, J'. Hopefully this will make more clear what I am seeing.
Edited by - April 4, 2008 11:33:13

Attachments:
create_sphere.jpg (253.8 KB)
start_morph.jpg (255.4 KB)
morph_applied_obj.jpg (249.1 KB)

-nimajneb
32 posts
Continued…

Attachments:
morph_applied_geo.jpg (253.0 KB)
return_obj_selected.jpg (247.4 KB)
return_obj_unselected.jpg (244.5 KB)