Rendering biological iridescences with RGB-based renderer

6046   6   0
249 posts
anyone have the paper by Jin Yinlong. I found a place but it requires you to sign up, which i did but didnt get the confirmation email.

If anyone has it please post.

cheers.

-andrew
blog [abvfx.wordpress.com]tumblr [andrewbrowne.tumblr.com]twitter [twitter.com]
38 posts
http://forums.odforce.net/lofiversion/index.php/t4788.html [forums.odforce.net]

Looks like some discussion on that paper..

And just looked in this file on that page and it has a hipnc file in it..
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=2674 [forums.odforce.net]
I donated the DEC Alpha Ton made his first 64-bit port of blender to.
Okay if I survive, SideFX has to be pretty cool. Otherwise this is a totalitarian regime.
249 posts
Thanks for the links.

But i would like to read the paper, to understand Mario's lecture a bit more. I cant seem to find it, without being a member of Siggraph or something.
941 posts
Hey Andrew,

It would seem that the preprint version of that paper (which was available for free for a very long time), has been taken down. It's now only available through the ACM digital library. You could purchase the final version from the library if you wish (as far as I can tell, both versions are identical).

I hesitate to post the preprint here as I'm unsure of the copyright issues (even though that version was available for free for.. oh… a year at least).
Mario Marengo
Senior Developer at Folks VFX [folksvfx.com] in Toronto, Canada.
249 posts
cheers Mario.

After reading your post i searched one more time, and I found it. The thing is I have the feeling its safe for people to view, because the actual link to download the paper is www.acm.org.

So i would assume it would be ok, right?

Let me know if am in the right or wrong?

-andrew
4140 posts
I believe Mario is correct - there is a price to acquire it. Last time I checked the ACM download was part of their digital library and there was a (small) cost to acquire it(which comes up when you try to download it). Certainly if you find a link at the ACM site that lets you snag it for free, however, there's nothing wrong with that!

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
249 posts
Then i guess if anyone wants the paper the link is outthere.

I wont draw attention by posting the actual link because that will no doubt be passed around and will get back to the people at acm who will remove the paper.

Although looking at their site, i think it would be a worthwhile investment purchasing some of their yearly compilations of technical papers. alot of ideas and theories that have yet to make it mainstream or have died because no one is willing to develop the ideas.
  • Quick Links