mplay on two's

3397   5   1
201 posts
I'm trying to view an image sequence that is shot on two's. Yet, when I load up in mplay, it flickers because it adds the missing frames with black. Should it not just load up the images that are there? Is there a setting to correct this?
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
4140 posts
Ah, it's the File Requestor that's causing that, I rarely use it(or on twos for that matter! ) and haven't noticed that before. It shows up as

foo.$F4.tiff 1-100 by 2

which indicates that it sees there are missing frames, but it's enforcing a non-missing range as you point out. If you use a command line approach, that sequence loads properly. I say File Requestor bug, but perhaps someone knows of an envar or setting that fixes this.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
696 posts
It would probably make sense to have a similar feature in mplay as in the compositor, where we can keep the last “good” image until the next “good” image.
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
Staff
5161 posts
I suppose opinions may vary, but when there's a missing frame, I like to know about it in MPlay. You can change this however. Windows->Preferences, Missing Frames = “Use Nearest Frame”.

I thought at some point that loading by 2's automatically set the missing frames to “Nearest” or “previous” for you; perhaps this got lost when the new image chooser was born.
4140 posts
Missing frame is fine, but the requestor is telling me that foo is on two's - and it's correct. There are no missing files. If it's 1-100 by *one's* and there's a file missing, then yes I'd like to know.

Yeah, it does seem like something got disconnected with the new requestor…

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
2 posts
what any options you set in Windows->Preferences, Missing Frames

—————————————–
support @ techtemplate.net
support @ TSDIZ.COM
  • Quick Links