FIXED: Low performance with the built in webserver

3153   1   1
66 posts
EDIT: Suddenly the response got snappy… Maybe some indexing or something.
I also added the local computer name to the hosts file, and I think the startup time for the help system has improved after doing so. Might be my imagination, though…

So… No worries! :-)

Hi!
As I continue my exploration of this HUGE software package, I encounter many wows, and many ‘oh my god’s, but I believe this is an awesome 3D package, as I get to know it…

One thing I've noticed is that the response for the built in web server, that displays the help content is very slow in my installation…

It's the only thing I've noticed that doesn't run smoothly, but nevertheless, it would be great to speed it up a bit. Is this a priority setting or something?

FYI, my specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel CoreDuo 3ghz (E8400)
RAM: 4GB DDR2
GPU: ATI Radeon HD4850 (512 GDDR3)
Houdini: 9.5.230

I could have run this on my Linux partition, but it's these other apps as well you know…
“If your life is not NOW, you're already dead…”
From Chrizto's book of truths
4140 posts
Monday, September 15, 2008
Houdini 9.5.230: Improved page loading speeds in the help system. On some machines, load times will improve from about 1-1.5 seconds to less than 0.0001 seconds.

I think that's what did it. You can look at the journal by looking under Support/Journal on the web site(apologies if this is only available to registered users - not sure about that).

Cheers,

J.C.

just downloaded the vista 64 apprentice and wow. It's really fast now, was nails-on-chalkboard slow before…
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links