Modify VEX generated UI

2632   2   1
460 posts
hi

Can this be done, I wanna expose the parameters but sometimes is a mess, can I reorganize them, move them, etc, after I expose everything I need?.

or maybe create the parameters and then link them to the VEX properties?, can this be done?.

hope you guys can help

thank you
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
Staff
2595 posts
varomix
hi

Can this be done, I wanna expose the parameters but sometimes is a mess, can I reorganize them, move them, etc, after I expose everything I need?.

or maybe create the parameters and then link them to the VEX properties?, can this be done?.

hope you guys can help

thank you

If you generate an OTL from your VEX generated code, you can edit the parameters in the type-properties editing.

Aside from that, you'd have to organize the parameters in the order you want…

The pragmas in the VEX code (you know about those right) can help with the organization.
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini9.5/vex/pragmas [sidefx.com]

But that only helps if you're writing plain VEX (not VOPs - which are a different ball of wax).
460 posts
Hi Mark

thanks for the fast reply

I'm actually trying to do a Blinn shader like with something similar of what maya has, parameters etc, so I don't know if creating an OTL would be my best choice for that, what do you think?

Also I didn't knew about pragmas, but that's exactly what I needed for the binding.

Let me know what you think, just wanna create some simple default shaders like the ones on maya, for users to feel welcome in houdini, and I do wanna share the results.

thank again
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
  • Quick Links