paint operator?

3895   7   0
26 posts
I have a small query and that is how to subdivide geometry with The help of paint operator
One way is to paint an attribute and then create group from that attribute. Now you can subdivide using that group. I've attached a simple .hip file. Sorry for the non-commercial file.

Attachments:
paintBreak.hipnc (41.7 KB)

26 posts
Thanks Edward for quick reply.
Same kind of result I already tried.
Is there any way to use paint operator for infinite. Min whenever we repaint on subdivided area it has to be get subdivided again and again.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Perhaps you want to apply your group using a Crease SOP first before piping into a Subdivide then?
26 posts
Not exactly, with the same paint operator it has to be get subdivide geometry & if I paint on subdivided region it has to be get re – subdivided.
If I understand correctly, no you can't use the same paint sop to re-select geometry to be sub-divided a second time.
The paint operation is used to select geometry and the geometry is either inside the group or not.
You will need a second paint operator to paint a new selection within your original painted group, then a new sub-divide sop to sub-divide your new group.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
7773 posts
Here's my meager attempt. It uses a ForEach SOP to repeatedly subdivide the geometry according to the break attribute and the current loop iteration.

Attachments:
paintBreak2.hipnc (52.3 KB)

26 posts
U R Rocking Edward… my brain just get stuck around using ForEach Operator from many days , & simply u take me out from same . many many thanks