Help with RealFow DSO for 9.5 and some Hscript

3460   2   1
436 posts
Hi I've been missing from this forum for a long time. Mainly is that since late ‘05 I’ve been head-in Maya world.

Couple of problems. I have 64bit WindowsVista version of 9.5.241. I downloaded 9.5 version of RealFlow DSO SOP from DigitalCinemaArts. Dropped them into DSO folder. However when I launch Houdini it tells me that the RF dso are made for different version. Could that mean that I need to use 32 bit version of 9.5.241.

Second problem is PointSOP
I want to do the old trick of point offset using a texture map.
So I load the texture in COP network.

I have a gridSOP and append a PointSOP. In $TY tab I place the following expression.
$TY + pic (“/img/comp1/TerrainDisp_jpg”, .5 , .5 , D_CLUM)

However it does not work. Either all points are offset by same amount, or the application crashes. EXHELP pic states that my syntax is correct. So I am not certain. Perhaps I forgot something.

Thank you

DaveR
1390 posts
DavidRindner
Couple of problems. I have 64bit WindowsVista version of 9.5.241. I downloaded 9.5 version of RealFlow DSO SOP from DigitalCinemaArts. Dropped them into DSO folder. However when I launch Houdini it tells me that the RF dso are made for different version. Could that mean that I need to use 32 bit version of 9.5.241.
Believing Mark's decryption on download page, the current RF dso works with x32 vc7 version of Houdini. This won't work unless you try to compile on your version (not sure if possible).

Second problem is PointSOP
I want to do the old trick of point offset using a texture map.
So I load the texture in COP network.
I have a gridSOP and append a PointSOP. In $TY tab I place the following expression.
$TY + pic (“/img/comp1/TerrainDisp_jpg”, .5 , .5 , D_CLUM)
However it does not work. Either all points are offset by same amount, or the application crashes. EXHELP pic states that my syntax is correct. So I am not certain. Perhaps I forgot something.
Thank you
DaveR

Is that what you put in to expression field exactly? If so, you miss coordinates for pic(). Either $BB or $MAP instead of .5 should be applied. At the moment, you take a luminance from the middle of an image for every $PT.

cheers,
sy.
436 posts
Thanks

I got both working.

DigitalCinemaArts Windows DSO is only works under 32 bit VC7 version. Otherwise it seems to work great. For 64 bit environment you need to have both 64bit and 32bit VC7 version of Houdini installed. Use VC7 to convert RF output to BGEO sequence or point cache then transfer t 64 bit. A bit of PIA, but at least it works.
  • Quick Links