Fire cooking, but not displaying

5654   2   0
Staff
4181 posts
I'm on OS X, and I'm playing around with the Burst Into Flame from the shelf, and when I setup a simple scene with a sphere, Houdini shows it's cooking, but I can't see anything.

There are two errors that (sometimes) exist, without me doing anything but creating the sphere, and applying the Burst Into Flame: In the AutoDopNetwork node, the burnsolver node says it's missing the temperature attribute, and the sphere_object1_flamesource_source has the ‘affected’ and ‘affecter’ blank.

What is supposed to go into the affected/affector fields, and where do I find the temperature parameter to activate it? I've gotten this to work in the past, but I'm not sure why it's not working now. These errors appear and disappear, but either way, I still cant see the blue or yellow in the viewport, even though they're in the Network view.

BTW, thanks for the congratulations from everyone, and to SideFX for the Houdini license!

Attachments:
simpleFlameSphere.hip (570.5 KB)

I'm o.d.d.
Staff
4181 posts
I figured it out. For some reason, Houdini has stopped putting the asterik (*) in the ‘Affected’ and ‘Affector’ fields of the AutoDopNetwork with anything to do with fire.

So, if anyone has this issue, particularly on OS X, put the astericks in those two fields. Not sure why it stopped doing this, but oh well.
I'm o.d.d.
Staff
6283 posts
The shelf tools are not correctly obeying your request for a default python language for parameters. They are calling setExpression() without specifying the language, so it gets interpreted as a python language. dopscreatedby() doesn't exist in python so the string evaluates to blank, forcing you to overwrite it.

Bug: 33550
  • Quick Links