Torque Render Node

6373   9   0
5 posts
Hi All,

I recently purchased an apprentice version to render things in torque 1.5 After going through the video that explains how to set up an export I noticed that the Torque node was not present in my list of Nodes. Did I do somthing wrong during install? is there something I'm missing?

Thank you so much for helping the noob!
33 posts
Hi dpitts21,

Make sure you're running the right version of Houdini.
I had the same problem, had to reinstall and go through the setup of the licenses again (And choose the right option when installing) before I got it working right.
New Reality Company
Stereoscopic displays, software, solutions, products.
69 posts
Are you able to locate it under….File>>Export>>Torque Game Engine?

This will load a Torque ROP node in the Output Network and you can then continue setting up the Scene/object for export/'render'…or you can manually place the node inside it's own Output Network node or use the default network in the Scene graph. Good luck!

How about Tab>>Scene?? in any network pane?!?

Cheers!
5 posts
Thanks so much for the response

First off i'm running 9.5.350 win 32

I dont know what licence I used I remember being rather confused about this though since Garage games didnt provide me with one.

To answer DrFrankenRex,

I am able to locate torque in the export menu but it never loaded the node. when I hit TAB I can not find the torque nod in any menu.

Any Advice on which licence option to pick ?

Thanks again !
5 posts
Just an update,

I reinstalled still have no idea what license i'm supposed to use. Also some one suggested using Houdini escape instead of just Houdini.

Still no torque node.

Any one else have an idea what to do from here?
7735 posts
Look at this page:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=589&Itemid=221 [sidefx.com]

It clearly says that the “Torque DTS Exporter” is only available in “Apprentice HD” and NOT in just “Apprentice”.
33 posts
edward is right, it has to be HD license.
I'm working on some tutorials for working with the Torque render-node btw.
Once I have some up and public I can drop a thread in this forum about it.
Hope you get it up and running!
Houdini is great, takes some learning but it's awesome and together with the Torque render-node it's the best solution I've heard of and worked with, when it comes to TGE game graphics.
New Reality Company
5 posts
Torque Owner
02/21/2009 (2:53 pm)
Hi Everyone,

I am still having issues with this.

as an update.

I have purchased apprentace HD from GG website and it took me to a download page that gave me both apprentace Houdini apprentace escape. (don't know if this is correct)

I can see the a node named “torque” in Houdini master only (not Escape). However this only shows up at the beginning of the application. when I place the node it asks me to select a particle. Obviously I have nothing to select. When I place an object the Node no longer appears. I have tried placing the node with in a ropnet but the node does not appear. Is there any thing else I can do? Obviously this has to be my noob user error.

Thanks everyone
5 posts
yep,

everyone is right its the HD license issue thats causing med the problem.

So… after purchasing an HD license for GG how the do I install it. There was no email and there was no additional information given except for the free apprentice link.

Thanks again for helping this frustrated guy oh and disregard the last post i want reading very well
33 posts
Log into your account on the GG site, then go to “My Account”, there is a list of the products you've bought through GG.

On that list you should have “Houdini Apprentice HD” and to the right of that, click on Download.
That takes you to a new page, click on “Houdini Apprentice HD” again on that page.

That takes you to a site here at SideFX, on the left, pick your OS and click on “Download” at the bottom.

That makes sure you have the right version (Apprentice HD without watermarks etc.)

Now, install it, and install the license server as well. Online or offline.
(I ended up using offline because of a dodgy internet connection at the time)

Once done, insert you license keys and you're all set.
New Reality Company
  • Quick Links