icp batch converting in silent mode?

3072   3   1
120 posts
Hi everyone, I'm on windows here, I"m making a python script to loop through images and convert them to rat using icp.

when I run the script, the dos box for icp continually pops up and steals the window focus.

Is there any way to make it a silent or background operation so the window doesn't keep stealing the focus?

Thanks.
7750 posts
icp is just a regular console program. This sounds like a python problem on Windows with console programs? How are you spawning icp? There's a couple of different ways to do that in Python, try all of them.
120 posts
yeah, the command to do this would be different in every os. I found out how to do it in unix, but I did not yet find out how to run a program silently with the windows command line.
1390 posts
josh3light
yeah, the command to do this would be different in every os. I found out how to do it in unix, but I did not yet find out how to run a program silently with the windows command line.

os.system?

if os, check the python module subprocess, which is a successor of various os.popen* commands. Not sure if that's what you want, but the idea is to start icp (or iconvert) as a child process of your script, rather then separate process (what happens in case of os.system()). This way it won't start new cmd, but it will take control over old one.

hth,
skk.
  • Quick Links