Issue with getting a license for Apprentice HD 10

6502   6   0
2 posts
Hi!
Tried to search in vain on the forum for an answer. So here's my issue: I have a working H9.5 Apprentice. I've been so enthusiastic about the whole app that I decided to go for the Apprentice HD 10 yesterday. Unfortunately can't have the License Administrator working properly, so I can't run the program. The app freezes totally before I can even open Apprentice HD.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
mhleo

PS: I run XP64
66 posts
I have a similar problem. I upgraded my HD license while I was in the beta stage and now I dont have any licenses available for Houdini 10 Apprentice HD.

EDIT: I have 6 licenes, 3 for 9.5 HD Purchased and 3 for Houdini 10, when i click on the 10's licenses the popup windows shows de license number of the UPGRADE. I tried to reedem my 9.5 licenses, the start H10 and search for available licenses and my purchased licenses appear but are for 9.5, not the upgraded for 10

Thanks for the help
NicoZ
Staff
1450 posts
@mhleo: If even the License Administrator freezes then this sounds like a graphics card issue. Can you try updating the video driver on your machine? Also, you may try to set the HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE environment variable to 1; check out these threads:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=13616 [sidefx.com]
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=10873 [sidefx.com]

@nzabala: the website upgrade scripts seem to have a bug that sometimes issues the upgrade to the expiring beta licenses instead of to the permanent ones that you have purchased. We are working on a fix, but meanwhile, if that happens to you, please send an email to support@sidefx and we will correct the mistake. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Edited by - April 20, 2009 14:48:54
66 posts
Thanks for the feedback! I sent an email sidefx support and they reset all my licenses and now everything is ok!

Thanks for the great support
NicoZ
2 posts
@rafal: thank you for the answer. However, what I don't understand is that my version of Apprentice 9.5 works perfectly well and the license administrator shows I've got a license for this non-commercial version. However it is when I try to launch the Apprentice HD 10.0 version that I just bought, that everything freezes, including the license administrator. Maybe I can't have both versions on the same computer?
Best,
mhleo
27 posts
I sent them an e-mail also and they open houdini apprentice 10 for me, but they never e-mailed me back.
Staff
1450 posts
@mhleo: I see. Yeah, that's strange. Do you need to restart your computer after Houdini freezes? Do other applications still run? The License Administrator should not be affected by Houdini crash. Perhaps it is the video drivers that cause some problems (you may want to update them).

Otherwise, maybe there is some security setting (firewall?) that blocks Houdini from connecting to the license server. Though this seems unlikely. But maybe switching to the local licensing would help:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1283&Itemid=273 [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links