Object Outlines

3867   2   1
48 posts
ok,

I bought a highpoly model that I really need to reduce down. It's a very good model, but just has too many polys in areas where it does not need to be. One problem I have when viewing models like this is really telling how the model is actually created. For instance on the shoes, it seems that a base shoe was created, then faces copied and extended above to create the shoe outer surfaces.

What is the easiest way to set the viewport so when zoomed in on this detail I can tell any faces that are behind each other and perhaps delete the “thickess” layers.

I remember seeing some info on how to do this, but it was when creating UV maps, but haven;t been able to find it recently.
Desktop -Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad|8GB OCZ DDR3|Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia GTX280 (2) SLI | 1.5TB | Liquid Cooled

Laptop - Sager Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad | 4GB DDR2 | Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia 9800M GTX 1GB
48 posts
ok,

So I figured out something that would work. I can select all the external faces I can see, then invert the selection and delete everything remaining, which would be all the internal duplicate faces.

Sometimes its hard to realize the simple approach, when learning a new software.
Desktop -Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad|8GB OCZ DDR3|Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia GTX280 (2) SLI | 1.5TB | Liquid Cooled

Laptop - Sager Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad | 4GB DDR2 | Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia 9800M GTX 1GB
Staff
2591 posts
Magnum
ok,

So I figured out something that would work. I can select all the external faces I can see, then invert the selection and delete everything remaining, which would be all the internal duplicate faces.

Sometimes its hard to realize the simple approach, when learning a new software.

I'm not sure if it would help, but the divide SOP has a “Remove Shared Edges” toggle.

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for though.
  • Quick Links