Apprentice HD Watermarking Video

14561   9   2
203 posts
I've had Houdini Apprentice HD for some time, and I think this started happening around the time I started using H10. Not sure because I haven't made any videos.
I'm currently using Houdini 10.0.263 x64 and when I render my image sequence into MPlay I can save it to picnc, bmp, and all image formats watermark free. However, whenever I export to Quicktime everything goes fine except it exports with a watermark. What's up? And yes I have upgraded my H9 licenses to H10.
Most of My Houdini Renders [flickr.com]
My System [evga.com]
Staff
1072 posts
I assume that you're on a 64 bit Windows platform. We use a 32-bit version of our command-line mcp tool on such platforms to work around the lack of a 64 bit QuickTime SDK. We need to generate temporary image files, and in this case, we use pic as the format. You can change this to use picnc by editing $HFS/houdini/MVexport. Just change <inputImageFormats>pic</inputImageFormats> to <inputImageFromats>picnc</inputImageFormats>.

Ideally we would handle this properly though.
203 posts
Yes I am running a 64-bit platform.
After doing what you said, still doesn't work. Also, if I try it while running the license server in standalone mode it says,
An error occurred while encoding.

License Error: Unable to connect to hserver for license acquisition
Error
“CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.272/houdini/FBoptions”:
Unknown file format “JPEG”
(Yes I upgraded to 10.0.272 after first posting this thread)
I checked the file in question and the line is
JPEG quality 75
which after digging through that file and running “iconvert -” I see nothing wrong with, but I obviously am not too sure of what to check for.

EDIT: After backing up FBoptions and deleting line 65 (probably not the best idea) I just get the two license errors. I've also made sure to turn off all firewalls and anti-virus software on my computer.

Attachments:
Error.png (32.1 KB)

My System [evga.com]
Staff
1072 posts
heydabop

Error
JPEG quality 75
which after digging through that file and running “iconvert -” I see nothing wrong with, but I obviously am not too sure of what to check for.

EDIT: After backing up FBoptions and deleting line 65 (probably not the best idea) I just get the two license errors. I've also made sure to turn off all firewalls and anti-virus software on my computer.

This error is the result of the 32-bit version of mcp not being able to load the .dlls required by the formats in FBoptions since you'll only have 64 bit versions. The python script that runs mcp attempts to avoid just this problem by setting the HOUDINI_DISABLE_IMAGE_DSO environment variable. I don't know why this should not work when attempting to write out .picnc files instead of .pic files. In any case, just change your MVexport file back and I'll look into what we can do.
Edited by - May 7, 2009 16:07:45
203 posts
Ondrej
heydabop

Error
JPEG quality 75

This error is the result of the 32-bit version of mcp not being able to load the .dlls required by the formats in FBoptions since you'll only have 64 bit versions. The python script that runs mcp attempts to avoid just this problem by setting the HOUDINI_DISABLE_IMAGE_DSO environment variable. I don't know why this should not work when attempting to write out .picnc files instead of .pic files In any case, just change your MVexport file back and I'll look into what we can do.

Okay thanks for your help. I guess for now I can just download a 32-bit version of Houdini so I can use a 32-bit MPlay.
My System [evga.com]
203 posts
Well apparently 32-bit versions can't communicate with a 64-bit license server…
My System [evga.com]
Staff
1072 posts
I wouldn't have expected there to be any problem with that set-up. What specific symptoms are you experiencing?
203 posts
Well I installed a 32-bit version of 10.0.249.5, without a license server because I chose to keep my current one, 10.0.272 64-bit. Whenever I run MPlay it says License Error: Unable to connect to hserver for license acquisition could it be that the license server is a higher version than MPlay?
My System [evga.com]
295 posts
Just so folks know, this is still an outstanding issue as of Houdini 10.0.465 on 64 bit Vista. I'll try the trick mentioned above to see if that helps.
Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
3 posts
So anyone can export mov files on 64 bit systems?
  • Quick Links