My VOPSOP problem in local / world space ( I think )

8914   8   3
5 posts
I created a vopsop for make noise in my surface, but when object moves, my displace shows random noise in my surface. I don't want it. I want my surface to be like a solid object. even when it moves. Could anyone help me how can I make noise locally, not in world space? I tried rest position without any success.
Thanks.

Attachments:
Screenshot-1.png (14.9 KB)

Sinserely,
Farsheed
1529 posts
your present configuration SHOULD work, assuming you have a rest attribute on the geoemetry that you are rendering.

Pop open the spreadsheet in sop context and scrub through your time line to ensure that the values stored in the rest attribute aren't changing over time.

G
5 posts
keyframe
your present configuration SHOULD work, assuming you have a rest attribute on the geoemetry that you are rendering.

Pop open the spreadsheet in sop context and scrub through your time line to ensure that the values stored in the rest attribute aren't changing over time.

G
No, When I attach the rest position, the object goes somewhere I couldnt find in my scene!!!
Could you please send me a working hipnc file, so I can figure out what is going on?
Also, I tried to use mountain SOP, but like my custom vopsop, It generates noise every frame and make my surface like some kind of trubulance noise witch I don't want.
Sinserely,
Farsheed
1145 posts
Can you send us your file so we can work in that context?
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
5 posts
probbins
Sure and thanks.

Attachments:
vopsop_noise_test_od_23Oct09.hip (61.6 KB)

Sinserely,
Farsheed
606 posts
I think your setup should work. Does the object/material have displacement bounds defined?

BTW, I think you only need the “rest” attribute if the object is deforming, for a transforming object the restpos vop does a world-object corrdinate transform..

EDIT: Oops, i was thinking about displacement shader not VOPSOP. disregard.

eetu.

Attachments:
objspace_disp.hip (105.5 KB)

1145 posts
rodmena
probbins
Sure and thanks.

Move the transform below the vopsop.

Since you are using a vopsop you are directly influencing the point position of the geometry. With the transform above the vopsop your are changing the point positions (P) at each frame and your vopsop is re-calculating based on the changed P.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
5 posts
probbins
rodmena
probbins
Sure and thanks.

Move the transform below the vopsop.

Since you are using a vopsop you are directly influencing the point position of the geometry. With the transform above the vopsop your are changing the point positions (P) at each frame and your vopsop is re-calculating based on the changed P.
The problem is the main object is an animated obj sequence that came from Maya. I can't change it. It is a explosion simulation and need to be displaced in SOP level.
I tried Displacement shaders also, despite the rendering problem, It has the same Problem.
Even with rest position VOP. Isn't really a way to solve this problem for imported object sequences that their animation came from outside?
Any Ideas?
Sinserely,
Farsheed
5 posts
Well. Thanks to every one and THIS [forums.odforce.net] topic, I solved my problem.

Attachments:
vopsop_noise_test_od_23Oct09_corrected.hip (66.5 KB)

Sinserely,
Farsheed
  • Quick Links