Branch new bone

4242   5   0
25 posts
Hey everybody, I use Houdini 10, I wanted to create a new bone with shift-left but just edit the bone, how can i create a new bone from anohter one.
thank you everybody
Staff
1450 posts
try the Bones tool. See this thread for more info:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=17138 [sidefx.com]
25 posts
yes , i know, i tried with the bone tool, but it didn't work as i wanted, just edit the bone, no created another one
7754 posts
When you do shift-left click on a bone, it starts *drawing* the bone chain using the bone you clicked on as the parent. To create the new bone, click again to indicate where you want the bone to end. Then press Enter.
15 posts
I thought I continue to post here because I have the same problem with adding a new bone. I ctrl left click with the “bones” tool and click on the bone to draw another bone from, and it would just create a complete new root bone. I tried ctrl middle click to parent bone, and it would be in edit mode as well. Then Houdini crashes every time when I draw new bones. Can someone help? This is really frustrating. I never had that problem back in Houdini 8
7754 posts
I said, SHIFT-click.
  • Quick Links