HDK: compile problem on mac

5974   6   3
2199 posts
Does anyone know another way to compile hdk code on the mac, since H10.0.blah hcustom has stopped working and now when I use it I get the following error

cc1plus: warning: command line option “-fobjc-gc-only” is valid for ObjC/ObjC++ but not for C++

Is there a way to modify hcustom or roll my own somehow?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
117 posts
It's working for me. I see that error but it's only a warning and the compile still works.

-Drew
2199 posts
That's really weird then. i can compile in H9.5 still but in H10 I get that error and then nothing else. Maybe it does compile, I'll have to check that, but if there are errors I don't get any messages about them which is not so useful.

Ah, yes it does compile, well that's something anyway. I can debug in H9.5 and compile for H10. Not sure how long that's going to work though but it will do for now.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
128 posts
I found “-d” very useful to diagnose compiler startup string and to setup my building environment manually to compile plugins. Hope it will help a little
Anything that flies
154 posts
hey

I tried touching the SOP_Star.C and noticed that I didnt have permission to write into that folder, after logging into as a SU, it worked.

can any one else confirm this ?
7725 posts
One should NOT compile in the installation directory. Copy the sample files into your home directory somewhere and compile from there.
Staff
4170 posts
Hmmm…. I can't get it to compile either. I get hundreds of lines of errors, like all of the ones below except the bottom 3 lines:

/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.461/Resources/toolkit/include/UT/UT_ErrorManager.h:133: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.461/Resources/toolkit/include/GU/GU_Detail.h:1153: error: ‘ostream’ has not been declared
/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.461/Resources/toolkit/include/GU/GU_Detail.h:1154: error: ‘int64’ does not name a type
/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.461/Resources/toolkit/include/GU/GU_Detail.h:1252: error: ‘ostream’ has not been declared
/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.461/Resources/toolkit/include/GU/GU_Detail.h:932: error: ‘NULL’ was not declared in this scope
geoisosurface.C: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
geoisosurface.C:54: error: ‘NULL’ was not declared in this scope
Compile failed

Does this look familiar to anyone?
I'm o.d.d.
  • Quick Links