houdini on ubuntu 9.10 64bit and building ui cache

6312   6   0
338 posts
Hey people, I started using ubuntu 9.10 recently. This was through the online upgrade from 9.04, which i was running houdini on with no problems.

Anyway I was using houdini on 9.10 and all seemed good. Until i installed the latest houdini build ….. Where it had to build a new ui cache.

For some reason the icon cache is alway 0 bytes after the rebuild, and always rebuilds on every houdini start up. Causing my houdini to have no icons. So I checked permissions and made sure using chmod that I had read write permissions to the enitre houdini home folder contents.

Of course the reason why it worked before the new install of houdini is it was using the pre existing houdini cache from 9.04. To be sure it wasnt the build of houdini causing the issue I tried the old one and it has the same issue.

I just cant see why this is happening. Has anyone else had problems like this? Anything to help would be great.
Im a bit stumped :¬/

Cheers
Nick
7725 posts
Try making sure you have permissions to read/write to ~/houdini10.0.

cd ~ && sudo chown -R `whoami`.`whoami` houdini10.0
338 posts
Thanks for the help Edward, but still no luck … I have a feeling theres a few issues from the ubuntu upgrade kicking around.. possible related to a buffer io problem on shutdown. Best todo a clean reinstall of 9.10 I think.
Cheers
Nick
8 posts
I'm having the same problem with 9.10. Looks like the hsvg program that generates the icons has a problem with some system libraries:

/opt/hfs10.0.461/hsvg/hsvg-real: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_thread_gettime

niko3d
Thanks for the help Edward, but still no luck … I have a feeling theres a few issues from the ubuntu upgrade kicking around.. possible related to a buffer io problem on shutdown. Best todo a clean reinstall of 9.10 I think.
Cheers
Nick
7725 posts
At this point, I'll defer to opalmer's post in this thread:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=17445 [sidefx.com]
338 posts
Ahh explains why im having problems with 9.10 Ach well, i can drop back to 9.04 from a back up ;¬) since its a wubi install.
Thanks for the heads up
Nick
  • Quick Links