small RFE: Parent operation option

4519   4   1
12474 posts
Hi there,

When doing some parenting using the Parent tool in an Object viewport, I wished for the options to toggle “Keep position when parenting”; perhaps on the toolbox, or something. I had to switch out of fullscreen mode and fish for the object in the network view. (I know its possible to set this in the prefs too, but it would be really convient in the Parent tool too, perhaps?)
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
412 posts
Jason,

You could possibly put a hudslider for the ‘keep position when parenting’ in your obj viewport for each of the objects prior to using the parent tool. Then when in full screen mode, you could just move the sliders for each of the objects before and past .5 to turn them on and off. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but might be a little quicker if you wanna stay in full screen mode.

hth,
Dave Quirus
Dave Quirus
527 posts
I would like to see it right at the top of the houdini ui so i dont even have to use a pull down or a tool.

This is something that should be open and easily changed.

But thats only my opinion… :shock:
soho vfx
12474 posts
Absolutely, Wren. It seems like the tool should have it ready and easy to use. Perhaps even utilising the left and middle clicks to distinguish between the two modes.

Cheers,
Jason :wink:
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
527 posts
On top of that they should move the Number/Type of nodes info/pull down to the top of the screen instead of the parm tab.

Cuz when you animate you dont need the parm tab up and … so you have to waste all this space if you want that information / choose selection ability. :shock:
soho vfx
  • Quick Links