Custom Subnet OTLs and their UI

4559   5   1
196 posts
Hi,

I'm creating a custom OTL. In the create new parameters ection can you reference its fellow parameters?
For example if I created a menu of 3 strings could I get the currently selected string to be displayed in a seperate label field?

My eventual aim is to be able to build operator paths from these drop down menus.

Is there some really healthy documentation on this somewhere?

Thanks
Henster
Staff
3455 posts
you can directly link parameters in an OTL control panel just by draging and dropping - but I don't think this is what you want….
try using callbacks
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
196 posts
Thanks arctor,

I stumbled across callbacks just after I posted. Almost got it working. Just having alittle trouble with hscript. I want to be able to add a string to an existing string. This should be easy….

kind of

opparm /obj/MySubnet Parm Parm+“new_string”

Do you know what I mean?

Cheers
Henster
4140 posts
Check out the strcat(str1,str2) expression.

JUST to be sure , you do know that there's a type of param called “Operator Path” that will allow the enduser to enter a path to an existing op? Obviously I'm unsure why you may need to break things up to assemble this sort of thing - but just in case…

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
196 posts
Hmm. I think I'm missing something important.

Ok, so say if you used an operator path type parameter. How would you then use it once the path had been selected. For example, how would you use this to set the display flag on the choosen op?

I think I'm being daft.
:roll:
Cheers
Henster
196 posts
Ah. got it. I was being daft.

I was trying to do it to filter the number of selectable ops with more control than the built in filter thing. I'm creating an interface to be used by someone else so the easier the better really. I think I'll just stick to the operator path one. Easier for me

Thanks
Henster
  • Quick Links