how to merge 2 high polygon model with COOKIE Sop?

2643   3   3
104 posts
hi, i having 2 high resolution model and i need to merge them, I use COOKIE Sop, and “User Define” and open “Keep Outside A” and “Keep Outside B”

but the things is , it always have some crack, do there is any solution to just keep Outside A and B with fully combine? (and fast as well)

thanks
67 posts
Have you tried every option? ‘Do Jitter’ is a good debugger.
IMHO
Lorenz
104 posts
well i have try, but do jiltter can't do that
Staff
2540 posts
Cooke Boolean works best if the input objects are manifold or water-tight. That means all points shared and primitive normals all facing outward.

If the geometry is extremely small (bounding box size of say 0.1 or less) or extremely large (bbox of say 18,000 or more), then you may have to scale the input geometry, do your cookie then apply the inverse scale with Transform SOPs. Bbox varying from 1 to say 100 seem to work best.

Make sure that the input geometry has no self-intersections. If the geometry is intended to be sub-divided, some modelers will pull points such that the point will intersect surrounding polygons (like in the underarm of a character or a complicated heart model). That will cause Cookie fits.

If it still fails after ensuring the conditions above, I'd send in a case in to Support after trying jitter and other parameter tweaking as mentioned.

If you have dense geometry, any boolean cookie will take time.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links