3dconnexion 3dmouse with houdini and linux

4924   3   0
40 posts
I possess a spacenavigator 3dmouse by 3dconnexion and would like to use it with houdini in ubuntu 10.4. does anyone know whether and how this is possible? The best I've foudn so far is some random attempt by someone to produce a plugin and im currently going through the source but I'd appreciate a stable solution. thanks.
711 posts
If you're talking about Frank Firsching's driver, I believe that is the only attempt so far to produce a (cross-platform) driver for Houdini.
31 posts
Maybe it can help,

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/8888-hou-navigator-0-1/ [forums.odforce.net]
40 posts
Hello again,

I was indeed referring to Hou Navigator, the source code of which appears to be a windows solution. I've been collecting a few hints and pieces across the internet now but it turns out that there simply is no plugn-n-play solution and I will have to code something myself - even if it's just the according python plugin.
I'm quite sure that I've checked every possible option but nonetheless, if someone knows a install-and-go way of getting the spacenavigator to work on a debian core, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  • Quick Links