Small issues

3304   4   1
40 posts
Hello everyone, I'm having small issues at certain places I'd like to ask about. It's nothing seriousy, really, but if there is a fix to it (or maybe turns out to be just a misconfiguration) I'd like to know what it is. I'm using 10 b595 x86_64 on Ubuntu Lucid.

First thing is that dragging and dropping materials from the material palette seems not always to notice what object I'm dragging it on. Say I got a grid and a a cube on it. Quite often, when I drag a material on the Cube the grid receives the material. I thought I'd probably would have to drag it onto an edge or just give the program “enough time” to realize what object I'm actually over but eventually I didn't figure it out. Maybe someone knows help.
295 posts
That could be a number of things, but I have to say that personally I never use that workflow anyhow, since most of the time I make a Material SOP in the geo node.
Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
Staff
1072 posts
In the past there have been bugs with translating mouse coordinates for drag-n-drop.

One way to verify that everything is working properly is to have a single geometry and drag the material around in the viewport. You'll see the cursor change when it is over a valid target. This is a quick way to see if there might be an underlying problem.
40 posts
No, one object works fine. But as soon as I got a cube and a Grid (say) the Grid takes the material most of the time. As I said, it's ok - I can also select the object and ASSIGN the material - I was just wondering. Thanks for the reply.

PS: I get a greater chance of haing the cube receive the mat when I first select it. It's not a sure bet though.
Staff
1072 posts
Turns out that I can reproduce this problem. It does look like a bug.
  • Quick Links