reflect sky in houdini

2734   5   1
277 posts
Hi!

How can I change the black background during render in mantra? Have I to do a spherical “evirioment” with a non shaded color, or is there other way to do it?

thank you
88 posts
-You can add image to your camera
-You can use a constant shader with a sphere or plane that has texture
40 posts
Some expert will probably tell me to go back to my tutorials and not tell you wrong things but I assume that you wouldn't do that without a geometrical representation in your scene if you didn't do it in compositing (double negation, watch out! )

That's just how Houdini does business to my perception and I like it. In maya, max, c4d and so on you set a dubious imageplane and later use a distinct composer to fix what the app couldnt do right in the first place. in houdini you get a clearly structured pipeline just within the app!

edit: oh, and about reflections, good question. dont really have a clue how to do this the right way but I assume you set your shader to reflect a certain bg and compose the actual bg in

edit: talkative, yey!
277 posts
thank you

I'll make sky in compositon, but during testing shaders I only want to see if the effect matches Currently I'm using a sphere with constatn color.

Thank you
88 posts
If you are more worried about the reflection color not the background color, then you need to add reflection map to your shader.
277 posts
ok, thanks!
  • Quick Links