add selection to group !

16685   3   1
30 posts
Hi,

When we create a group by first select the point we want to be in group and then click the group in the tool bar, it will create a group for that selection. Now, if i want to reselect everything, i just choose the “reselect for current tool” and i can reselect the points. However, if i dont create group by click on the tool bar, but by create a group node and connect it manually, i cannot do the same trick to add selection to the group. I wonder add something to existing group ? I am really stuck.

Chuong
2624 posts
Simple , select the group node , press the ~ tida key , the group gets temporarily disconnected . The use the select key to add or take away polys from the selection. Then de- press return to complete

rob
Gone fishing
30 posts
I can't do that if i create group by manually in the network editor. I can only do that if i create group by hit the group button in the tool bar.

ps. omg, my seem houdini has a lot of bugs. I knew this method (the ~ key) but could not do this yesterday, now i have just tried it this morning and it works ops: .
8582 posts
it's always working for me
select SOP
move mouse cursor to viewport
press Enter (to get in correct mode if you are not already in)
then ~

there is no bug in this one as far as i was using it
houdini is just sensitive about where mouse is and which mode you are in
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links