rbd ode simulation with stamping

2412   2   1
277 posts
Hi!

I've got a sphere and a lot of points.
I'm making ode rbd simullation with RBD Point Object - to copy these spheres to points and them simulate their behaviour.

Is it possible to stamp this RBD Point Object, so each sphere will be other size?
I want to have effect like normally with copy sop and then fracture rbd (but ode solver doesn't supports fracture)

How to do it?
Thank you
8582 posts
it's very similar to how copy SOP or instancing works
you just need pscale(float) or scale(float3) attribute on your point geometry
then check Use Point Scale Attribute on RBD Point Object DOP
however i don't know how ODE will react to this
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
277 posts
Thank you!
That works almost great

The only problem I see now is that these balls are random size, but in RBD Point Object -> Collisions -> Ode Primitives the Automatically Fit Geometry doesn't work good. How can I stamp the same way the RBD Point Object -> Collisions -> Ode Primitives -> Radius parameter? Is it possible to assing this parameter on each sphere as the pscale of each point? (see attachement - warning: pscale node is set as not activ)

And what should I do If I would do something like that:

1) I've got 2 objects - sphere and box And I've got a lot of points too.
Now I want to copy randomly these spheres and boxes to thesep oints with RBD Point Object - is it possible? (normally I would use switch sop and stamp values with copy sop - but how to do this with dops?)

2) Please look at the attachement - why the expression in /obj/AutoDopNetwork/sphere_object1 -> Collisions -> Ode Primitives -> Radius doesn't work?
I've got copied objects and I understeand that each of this object has individual ID? (In details view I can see, that each of these spheres has individual ID - so where is the problem?

Thank you

Attachments:
probl.hipnc (120.9 KB)

• Quick Links