OP Index Number

13058   8   0
8 posts
How do I find the OP Index Number for a specific OP?

and does this number change everytime I change the OP network?

Thanks
-CV
1631 posts
Hi,

I don't really understand what you're looking for. Can you please provide more details? Or please describe what you are trying to do.

Thanks!

Cheers!
steven
8 posts
I'm sorry, I should have provided more information.

In the pin_table example, the sop_pins VOP network uses the “Import Attribute” VOP. This asks for a parameter called “OP Input Index”. Obviously, this number represents the index value of a particular op. My question is, how do i know which each SOP has as it's index number?

I can't work out what the index number is of each SOP.
-CV
51 posts
hey county
i also didn't really know what you meant.
i believe the index # is for a specified attribute. in this eg it is the point. as you see in the sop_pins you are going from the ‘initial_position’ to the ‘target_position’. in the initial position you will see the attribute specified, in this case the “point position” with the abbreviated form listed next to it in the menu selection - “P”.
i hope this sheds some light. like yourself i am making my way through the pintable which is just amazing.
betty
8 posts
“i believe the index # is for a specified attribute”

i think the index # is the number of the OP inputs….

I get it now, i just was a little confused.

Thanks for your help
-CV
51 posts
sorry
i was just thinking ‘index #’ not ‘op input index’…more confusion
7740 posts
In the Import VOP, the OP Input Index parameter refers to the input number that is being fed into the instance of the sop_pins VOP network, ie. the sop_pins1 SOP as found in the model object. Input numbers in vertical networks (like in SOPs) go from left to right, starting from 0. For horizontal type networks (like in COPs), the input numbers go from top to bottom, starting from 0. An easy way to verify this yourself is to wire two different generator SOPs (say a box and a grid) into a switch SOP. Then change the numbers to see which numbers refer to which input SOP.

I apologize for the confusion. In the comment for the Global Variables VOP named Initial_Position, it should instead read:
This VOP provides the point positions from its *left* input.
ie. it's initial geometry

Primary data generally flows through the first input (OP index 0). This is where most of the data that the Global Variables VOP provides originates.

Hope this answers your question.
51 posts
sorry i think i was only reading every second word, thanks edward.
8 posts
Thanks edward!
-CV
  • Quick Links