License issues, Materials and Gallery saves

2737   2   1
12 posts
Hi! Going through the tutorials on, newly downloaded H10.
Win7-64, on HP8530w laptop w/ Intel Dual 2.8Ghx, 4Gb RAM and nVidia Quadro FX770m

0) The License mgr could not find/install the license keys for my “Starving Artist” version. I could not download the license keys. Currently running under the 30-day license for ‘standard Apprentice“

1) Where are the ’standard' materials? I have no Blinn, Lambert or other ‘standard’ material specs..
2) When I attempted to assign a ‘reflective’ material to the letters of the Font node, there was an error message saying: ”Couldn't save the modified Gallery file". What gives?

AndyGravity
Staff
1450 posts
License mgr could not find/install the license keys for my “Starving Artist”
since this is a licensing issue, you can send the diagnostic info to support@sidefx
see the last question here:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1209&Itemid=273#trouble [sidefx.com]

Couldn't save the modified Gallery file
sounds like some file permissions and security issues
12 posts
Thanx! Switched to 11. The v9 tutorials are nowhere close to the details in the new SHOPs! Perhaps a h.11 SHOPs tutorial in the works for this?

Also, ran the ‘Overview tutorial’ for grins. The RBD letters completely smash to poly-bits when they hit the grid. They do not stay together as volumes.
Is there a step that I missed?

Thanx for the help.
  • Quick Links