OS X H11 Compiling Errors

5136   9   1
133 posts
Hi:

I'm getting the following warning in Houdini on Mac OS X. It's running pretty slowly, then eventually bottoms out.

Warning: program compiled against libxml 207 using older 206
libpng error: Out of place IHDR

This is suspicious, though it might not be at the root of my problems. I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

-Frankie
Francisco Rodriguez
Effects Animator | Walt Disney Animation Studios
133 posts
More specifically, this slowness happening whenever I try to move around in the viewport. I'm looking at the sop_example_volumefeather example otl that ships with Houdini, to be exact.
Francisco Rodriguez
279 posts
I tested this example and i haven't any problems. All works fine with 11.0.446.7 (official build).

I'm on a MacPro 4.1 - NVidida GTX 285 - OS 10.6.4

I have prob when i try to install HQueue, and you ?
234 posts
No problemos also.

os x 10.6.4 i7, nVidia 330 512mb
133 posts
Thanks for checking, guys. I'm going to ask SESI what that libxml error is about. If anyone else sees this, please post.
Francisco Rodriguez
4140 posts
Hmm, during beta testing, close to release, there was a problem with the help not working on some systems, it turned out those that had manually installed libxml couldn't get the help working. That was addressed, but I believe it was related to pushing the user to use the python release from the Houdini distribution. I wonder if this is related?

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
279 posts
libxml is the XML library used by python.
133 posts
JColdrick
That was addressed, but I believe it was related to pushing the user to use the python release from the Houdini distribution. I wonder if this is related?

I think you're right, JColdrick. I had recently installed Python 3.0 and realized that Side FX recommends 2.5 or 2.6. I'm working on reverting to 2.5. Maybe that'll trigger Houdini to use the correct libxml?
Francisco Rodriguez
4140 posts
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Houdini 11.0.462: Fixing problems related to determining the Python version when using the system's installation of Python.

If you haven't already, might be worth trying that version or later to see if it addressed it.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
133 posts
Thanks J.C!

I ended up installing Snow Leopard and it seemed to work, as well.

Things are up and running.
Francisco Rodriguez
  • Quick Links