Dynamic ranges in an OTL

5431   6   4
124 posts
I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the range of a parameter in an OTL based on another parameter. I just want to make it so that one parameter can't be moved outside the range of another parameter to safe gaurd against conflicting parameters. I thought maybe opparm might work but I can only get it to affect the value not the range.
Any ideas?
696 posts
maybe with using some clever if or fit expressions?
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
124 posts
Is there some way to feed this back to the OTL parameters or do I just need to override it internaly. I would like to feed back to the visible parameters so the user can see what is going on if possible.
1390 posts
I think you can't do any expression in range's fields of HDA, but you definitely can change what does mean 0-1 range by multiplying it with some dynamically evaluated channel, parameter, expression and using it, instead your param.
Staff
3455 posts
and no, you can't send it back to update the parameters since they are built by the dialog script…changeing them would change the definition of your HDA
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
124 posts
Thanks for the info. I think I will see if I can get SYmek's idea to work acceptably.
321 posts
SYmek
I think you can't do any expression in range's fields of HDA, but you definitely can change what does mean 0-1 range by multiplying it with some dynamically evaluated channel, parameter, expression and using it, instead your param.
I've done similar stuff by having the channel's range be somewhat greater than the largest expected value, and then in a callback, resetting the parameter value to the min/max of what's allowable.
Antoine Durr
Floq FX
antoine@floqfx.com