Where to dig the NC lisence file?

4115   5   1
4 posts
Can someone tell me where the “non-commercial lisence” file was after been downloaded through the Internet?
And can I use this non-commercial lisence on another comperter which doesn't have a connection to the Internet?
Thanks. :roll: :wink:
1631 posts
Hi,

You should find the answers to your questions under the Support > FAQs [sidefx.com] link above.

Cheers!
steven
4 posts
stevenong
Hi,

You should find the answers to your questions under the Support > FAQs [sidefx.com] link above.

Cheers!
steven
Thanks to Steven.But I still could not find out where the answer is.
53 posts
Hi,

On Windows, LMB click Start > All Programs > Side Effects Software> Houdini 9.1.1xx > Administrative Tools > License Administrator.

LMB click the highlighted License Administrator text and a tabbed dialog box, labeled, “Houdini License Administrator”, in the Tiitle Bar, will open. Select the “Installed Licences” tab to view license information.

On the Menu Bar, from the “View” menu, select “Diagnostic Information”, for detailed license information.

The License Administrator can also be opened from a command prompt.

Open Command Prompt from Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. At the flashing cursor, type cd C\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 9.1.1xx\bin and hit the Enter key. Now, at the flashing cursor, type hkey and the License Administrator will open where you can examine it, as described, above.

The xx in the Houdini version numbers, above, require the numerical version number that you want to access.

For example, a complete version number would be Houdini 9.1.189.
The version number is also located on the Help menu, on the Menu Bar.

In Houdini, select Help > About Houdini and a dialog box will open that diplays the version that is currently running. Alternately, the hotkey is Alt+V.

As suggested, the Apprentice FAQ provides instructions for running licenses on a computer that isn't connected to the Internet.
From the navigation menu at sidefx.com, click Support > FAQs.
On the page that opens, click Apprentice FAQ.
A new page will open and on that page, click the fourth Q from the top.

Happy Easter!

graphos1
Staff
1448 posts
Hey SeasWill, in case you still have problems, here is the link:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=936&Itemid=246 [sidefx.com]
4 posts
Thanks to graphos1 and rafal

I dug her out as your methods.
  • Quick Links