HDA - Parameter Description

3662   2   1
18 posts
Hi,

I would like to know if is it posible to use python to change a HDA's Parameter Description?

What I want is to make some HDA's parameters invisible always I press a buttom and the way I'm thinking to do that is to toggle the “Invisible” option in the HDA's Parameter Description like in image below.

So, someone knows how to do that?

Attachments:
Parameter_Description.jpg (126.8 KB)

321 posts
.otl files are “locked”. You can make changes to them, via hscript and I assume python. However, the changes are global to all instances of the operator (unless the operator comes in as unlocked or you manually unlock it).

From a broader perspective, it's not a very good idea, as you're creating user interface that's hidden but that needs to be accessed. The usual approach is to disable it using the disablewhen field. That way, the user sees that there's UI that can/should/might be tweaked, and can be accessed if the rest of the UI has the correct combo of buttons and menus turned on.
Antoine Durr
Floq FX
antoine@floqfx.com
As Antione said, the Disable When is the correct method to restrict modification or parms. It's also not possible to modify the visibility of parameters once they have been created.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
  • Quick Links